A business visitor does not need a special visa to enter Canada. He only needs a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) depending upon the country of origin. Visitor visa cover all visitors, including those coming to Canada on a business visit. CANFED Visa & Immigration Services Inc. can guide you in obtaining Canada Business Visa.
Business visitor who are covered under Visitor Visa are those who are visiting only for international business activities and they do not have any intend to directly enter the Canadian labour market
Examples include those business visitors who are in Canada:
• To understand the requirements of a Canadian company which has invited them for advance training regarding operations, sales or functioning of their products
• Buying Canadian goods or services on behalf of a foreign entity.
• Taking orders for goods or services.
• Providing after-sales service, excluding hands-on work in the construction trades.
• To have a business meeting with the representatives of those Canadian companies which are doing business in the country of the Visitor.
• To execute any future expansion plan in Canada and are here for critical observations or site visits.
• Attending business meetings, conferences, conventions, fairs, etc.
• Being trained by a Canadian parent company for work outside of Canada.
• Training employees of a Canadian subsidiary of a foreign company.
Business visitors are not allowed to work in Canada and so they don’t need a work permit, for these type of activities. But these visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business is outside Canada. They are paid or are earning from the company which is based and operating outside Canada.
Business Visitor must affirm:
• No intent to enter the Canadian Labour Market means no gainful employment in the Canada
• All activities in Canada are of international in scope only
• If working for a foreign employer, they must assure that:
• Their remuneration is compensated from the source which is outside Canada.
• Their company, which they operate or work for, is located outside Canada.
• Their company is primarily making profits from its operations, outside Canada.